Independent Book Fair & Image and Text as Exploration event | Saturday 26th November | Book Fair 11am- 5pm, Admission free | Image and Text as Exploration from 630pm, Pay As You Feel
On Saturday 26th November, we’ll be hosting an independent book fair, organised and curated by Brian Lewis and Emma Bolland, which will bring together some of the UK’s most innovative artists and independent presses. Later in the evening, several artists and writers will take part in a related event, Image and Text as Exploration.
The book fair will include handmade artists’ books, poetry, fiction, art writing, literary criticism, zines, and much more. There’ll be the opportunity to see and buy some beautiful editions and meet the publishers and artists responsible for them. Publishers taking part include:
- And Other Stories (London, Sheffield, Wycombe)
- Comma Press (Manchester)
- enjoy your homes (Sheffield)
- Gordian Projects (Sheffield, Glasgow, York)
- Joanne Lee Pam Flett Press (Sheffield)
- Longbarrow Press (Sheffield)
- Jean McEwan (West Yorkshire)
- Peepal Tree Press (Leeds)
- The Poetry Business (Sheffield)
- Tilted Axis Press (London, Sheffield)
- West House Books (Sheffield)
- Leeds-based artist and writer Helen Clarke will be talking about and reading from her photo text book that emerged from her drift walks in Berlin.
- Artist-photographer Tom Rodgers is from York and will discuss his film-based photobooks of abstract landscapes.
- Artist, publisher and academic Joanne Lee will talk about her ‘Pam Flett’ Press and her urban exploration of Sheffield.
- Poet and academic Chris Jones will be reading his sequence At the End of the Road, a River, and discussing his work-in-progress verse novel that imagines the shooting of a policeman near the Wicker.
- Sheffield-based writer and publisher Brian Lewis will be talking in his capacity as a writer who uses night walking and endurance walking, and reading from his pamphlet ‘East Wind”.